Announcements for Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Interact: We will have a meeting Thursday at 8:00am in G106. We will be voting on new officers and talking about the upcoming service projects. All members should attend ~ Mrs. Scaiefe and Mrs. Watts
Students: Interact Club and English Honor Society will be collecting gently used children’s books for Point Hope, an organization that assists widows and orphans in Africa. Students who donate will receive a raffle ticket for each book donated to win a $50 gift card to Barnes and Noble. Students can donate in G106 and Q200 from May 2nd – May 9th and in the cafeteria May 5 - May 9th. ~ Mrs. Scaiefe and Mrs. Watts
Students: The Ping Pong Club will be hosting a ping pong tournament in the main gym at Lancerfest. The entry is $5. You need to sign up in F207. There will be cash prizes. Please see me with any questions. ~ Mr. Padgett
H.O.P.E. Club: Our end-of-year picnic will take place on Saturday, May 12. Permission forms are available on my door in P103. ~ Mrs. Keim
Students: The last day for The Daily Grind will be this Friday. If you have any Daily Grind Dollars we encourage you to please use them by this Friday. DECA would like to thank you all for supporting our café this year. Have a great summer. ~ Mr. Crask, Marketing Coordinator
Lancer Book Club: Order forms for Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer and I Am the Messenger are available in S105. All orders and payment are due by Friday, May 11, 2012. ~ Mrs. McIlwain
2nd Hour Students: The last day to preorder a yearbook before Lancerfest is today. Please see me in D305 with questions and orders. Last year was a sell out! Order today! ~ Ms. Davis
Attention all Lancer Hoopstars: Are you ready to show off your skills and have some fun in the 7th Annual Lancerfest 3 on 3 basketball tournament? Come see me in F207 to pick up your entry form in order to get your team together. The cost is $20 per team and the top two teams get money for winning!! You must pick up, complete, and turn in entry forms with your entry fee to me by Thursday May 2! ~ Mr. Padgett
Students: Did you know that Mr. Fehrenz can squeeze orange juice from a lemon? Did you know that Mrs. Gray once won a game of Connect Four in only three turns? Did you know that the Break Dance Club meets every Thursday in D101 after school? Well, you do now! See you this Thursday in D101 after school. No rhythm required. ~ Mr. O’Chiu
Students: The Belleville East Young Republican, JROTC, and Military Connections are raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project. The purpose of the Wounded Warriors is to help our soldiers who have been injured since 9/11 to live a normal life again. With advancements in medical technology, more soldiers who are injured are more likely to live. During this week, we ask that the teacher pass around an envelope for donations. Each person who donates at least $2 will receive a camouflage bracelet. The top two classes, who raise over $100 will receive a brunch from either Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme, or Bread Company. Also, remember to drop off extra change/donations at the table in the cafeteria. Thank you for all of your support to our injured soldiers. ~ Young Republicans, JROTC, and Military Connections.
LifeSavers, Spectrum, and Stride: We will participate in the Senior/Senior Prom with the Senior Citizens of The Atrium (formerly Grand Court) on May 8th from 6 to 7:30. Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are invited, too. Later that evening, we will have our Spring Fling at Centerfield Park from 8 to 9:30. The price of $7.50 includes one ride, miniature golf, the batting cage, hot dog, chips, and a soda. There are 12 scholarships available for the $7.50 fee. You may apply directly to me at '
. ~ Mr. Zink
Congratulations to our Lady Lancer Soccer Team: They won all 3 games in their bracket at the Adidas Tournament of Champions in Burlington, Iowa and brought home the first place trophy. This improved their record to 15-3-1. They showed a lot heart, maturity, and class. They played Manteno on Friday and beat them 2-1. The principal of Manteno came up to The East coaches and shared how impressed the he was with our team's conduct, and said our team show a lot of class. Way to go girls!~ Coach McDonald
Congratulations: to De Robinson for placing 4th in the IHSA Journalism State Final on Friday. Jackie Crockett was picked as an All-Star State Journalist and will have lunch at the Governor’s mansion. ~ Mrs. McGee
Congratulations: to Trinity Lopez who has been selected as the St. Louis Post Dispatch Scholar Athlete for Belleville East. Trinity and her family will be honored this Wednesday at Busch Stadium along with one member from all other area high schools. ~ Mr. Loyet
Lancerfest this Friday…May 4th
All students will be released from classes at 1:30 this Friday for Lancerfest. All students are encouraged to pick up their yearbooks in the gym lobby during this time. Lancerfest tickets are the only thing that will be accepted for payment to buy food and drinks or participate in activities during Lancerfest. With the purchase of your Lancerfest shirt, you will receive two free Lancerfest tickets. Both will be distributed on Wednesday, May 2nd and Thursday, May 3rd during the lunch periods in front of the gym lobby. Additional Lancerfest tickets will be available for purchase during lunch hours on Friday and during Lancerfest on the Central Terrace side of A building.
Transportation: Any student not participating in Lancerfest must leave campus at 1:30 (excluding students in the Assisted Learning Program) – students picking up yearbooks who are not participating in Lancerfest must be in line for yearbooks and immediately leave campus once they have their yearbooks. Once a student leaves campus, he or she must make his or her own transportation arrangements. Four buses will be running at 1:30, but will be on a first come first serve basis. Please see Mrs. Sauerwein or Mr. Perkins in the class office before Friday for bus information.
- IDs must be worn during Lancerfest and students must have their Lancerfest 2012 shirt on to wear jeans and to participate in Lancerfest – the administration reminds you that holes and tears in the jeans will not be permitted. Students not participating in Lancerfest or not wearing a Lancerfest shirt will be expected to be in dress code.
- Students will not be permitted to wear their Lancerfest shirts and participate in Lancerfest if their shirt has been cut, torn, ripped, or purposely defaced in any way. Signing of shirts during Lancerfest is ok as long as content is appropriate for school.
- Students will be permitted to use cell phones and electronic devices ONLY during Lancerfest from 1:30 – 3:25 without penalty, but will do so at their own risk. Belleville East will not be responsible for lost or stolen property during this event.
- Students who choose to leave campus are not allowed to return, even to catch a bus later in the afternoon.
- Students who leave the terrace areas are required to immediately leave campus. No loitering on the parking lot or other areas of the campus.
- Students will not be allowed in the buildings and hallways during Lancerfest. Buildings and node areas will be locked between 1:30 and 3:15 with the exception of N building for restroom use. Access to the Gym Annex for activities will only be permitted to students participating in the 3 on 3 tournament– no spectators will be permitted.
- Students will be permitted to return to their lockers at 3:15 to get their possessions and prepare to leave campus.
- Please respect school property and keep our campus beautiful by discarding refuse in appropriate garbage cans.
- Non-students are not welcome! Do not invite any friends that do not attend Belleville East. Trespassers will be prosecuted.
- Enjoy the afternoon but respect the rights of others by being courteous!